Million Dollar Blue Collar (Financial Planning)
Million Dollar Blue Collar is an 8hour classroom course that provides apprentices and journeyman with useful information on the importance of managing money so that every apprentice and journeyman can learn to create financial security.
After completion of this course, the student will be able to manage money and plan for financial security
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the reasons for managing earnings
- Create a monthly budget
- Identify the challenges facing a construction worker in terms of planning for financial security
- Establish goals for managing earnings
- Identify the benefits of using a bank to help manage money
- Describe how to maintain a good credit rating
- Compare and contrast credit cards and debit cards
- Calculate credit card payments
- Identify types of bank accounts
- Identify methods to lower personal tax payments
- Describe how to protect assets to ensure financial security
- Identify a spouse's benefits to help increase potential savings
- Describe what is meant by bankruptcy
- Identify union resources that help manage union benefits
The Million Dollar Blue Collar course materials can be used by construction workers of all levels of experience. However, the syllabus is geared toward apprentices. The student should have basic, reading, writing and math skills.
This class is mandatory for all 2nd year Reinforcing/Generalist and Structural/Ornamental Apprentice Ironworkers to attend during their second period of technical training.
Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
5720-59 street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
Dates and Times:
Dates to be announced - Check the Training centre calendar for current dates and times
Meals will be supplied for each day. Please note that attendance of full course is necessary for Completion Certification.
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A $150 Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.
- All 2nd year apprentice members of Local 720 are required to complete the course as part of their technical training.
- 2nd year apprentices who are required to complete will forfeit their Bursary payment for completing school if they fail to attend the class.