Fall Protection is designed to familiarize the Ironworker in the proper use and inspection of a full body harness and means of connection between harness and a qualified anchorage point or anchorage connector in conjunction with legislative requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand principles and ideology of fall protection
- Become familiar with applicable Standards and Regulations
- Differentiate between Fall Arrest and Fall Restraint systems
- Select and set up appropriate systems based on tasks and limitations
- Comprehend rescue necessity and requirements
- Members in good standing of Ironworkers local 720
- Workers who have been dispatched through Ironworkers local 720 and require this training for their employment.
- Public participants (call the training center for pricing 780-482-0908)
Ironworkers Local 720 Training and Test Centre
5720-59 street NW, Edmonton, AB
Dates and Times:
Dates to be announced - Check the Training centre calendar for current dates and times
Time: class is delivered as a online/in-person hybrid program. The theory portion is delivered as a self paced online program that can be accessed at any time. When the participant completes the online portion they can schedule a time to complete the in-person practical evaluation at our training center.
Online Class time: 4-6 hrs (approx)
In-person practical: 1 hr (approx)
Please note that attendance of full course is necessary for Completion Certification.
Contact the Ironworkers Training Centre at (780) 482-0908
Important Course Information
- A $150 Fee will be charged to NO SHOWS or those who fail to attend the entire course.
- Participants are asked to arrive 10 min before the start of class.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted.