- IRONWORKERS LOCAL UNION 720 DISPATCH RULES 2019
- Signing In
- Rule 1: (A) Members may sign one list only.
(B) Any member wishing to move their name from one list to another, if certified, must give notice prior to the end of the business day. The member’s name will go on the list according to sign-in date.
- Rule 2: Members can register on the un-employed list when they have been laid-off, terminated, or quit their employment.
(A) By contacting the Union Hall at (780) 482-0720. (Your name will then be added to the un-employed list the following morning.)
(B) By coming to the Union Hall and signing the un-employed book. (Your name will be added to the un-employed list immediately.)
- Rule 3: Workers Compensation, Medical Layoff and Attending School
- A) Members on WCB, Medical Layoff or Attending School may sign the un- employed list.
- B) When the member is ready to return to work they must contact the Union Hall to be re-dispatched to the employer. If no work is available with the previous employer, the member will be dispatched from the date they signed the list.
- Rule 4: No Member who contracts, or is involved with an Ironworker or Reinforcing company in a contractual basis (as per the Constitution) will sign the un- employed list while that company is active.
- Rule 5: A) Members working at the trade non-union, in any Ironworkers jurisdiction, will have their name removed from the un-employed list.
B) Members working outside the bargaining unit but are having Pension and Health & Welfare hours submitted on their behalf while under contract, will have their name removed from the un- employed list. (IE: Superintendent, Safety Officer, Scheduler)
- Rule 6: Members signing the un-employed list while employed will be subject to discipline and penalties as per the “Standard of Excellence” in the International Constitution.
- Rule 7: Members may appeal all dispatch decisions to the Business Manager and/or the Executive Board by using the “Appeal Form”.
- Posting In For Jobs
- Rule 8: Members have the option of being present for dispatch or may contact the Union hall between 8:00am to 9:00am or 10:00am to 10:30am (780) 482-0720. Travel Cards, Permits and Probationary Members may contact the Union hall between 10:00 am to 10:30 am.
- Rule 9: All post-ins or phone-ins must be received by dispatch prior to the dispatch start time. No post-ins will be forwarded to the dispatcher after specified dispatch start time.
- Rule 10: It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that the Union Hall has the correct contact phone numbers for call backs and e-mail address for forwarding dispatch slips and information.
- Rule 11: Name hires will be in accordance with the applicable Collective Agreement.
(A) No member may be name hired within 14 calendar days of quitting a job,including Foreman.
(B) Contractors have the option of recalling any Apprentice for the duration of their Apprenticeship.
(C) Members and/or contractors must notify the hall of any recalls of said apprentices.
- Rule 12: Eligibility for dispatch i.e. Qualifications and/or site, contractor, or camp suspensions are at the Discretion of the Dispatcher and the Business Manager.
- Rule 13: Apprentice Members, Travel Cards, Probationary Members, will only be up- classed to their new Apprentice or Journey Person classification, upon Dispatch receiving, official proof of completion and receiving a passing mark as well as proof of having the required number of hours of experience required by Provincial Compulsory Trade Legislation.
- Rule 14: Any person receiving a dispatch slip and then receiving a positive A&D test result will be assessed $200.00 fee as per the Standard of Excellence and in addition will be responsible for the reimbursement of the A&D test as proved by the Executive Board.
- Short Term Call
- Rule 15: (A) Short term calls will be classified as up to 14 Working Days. Members shall retain their position on the un-employed list once they have signed back in.
(B) Members taking a second short term call immediately after the first short term call will be placed at the bottom of the un-employed list once the job is complete and the member has signed back in.
- Rule 16: In order to be eligible for dispatch, as per the Local Union By-Laws/Constitution all dues, assessments and monies owed to the local and/or to the training centre must be paid prior to dispatch.